WHAT IS IT?
Link Builder is a tool that can be used within several elements across MacSites. It is used to easily generate a standardized button that leverages all the functionality within MacSites.
HOW TO USE IT?
- Anywhere that Link Type/Link Builder is listed with a dropdown, the Link Builder is an option.
- The Link Builder dropdown has several options:
- Internal Page: Search any page within the site to automatically apply the link. When set up correctly, this will also inherit any link changes to the site in the future.
- External Site: URL to a different website
- Email Address: Will auto-populate a new email message based on the user’s device settings
- File Upload: Upload a file that a user will download when they select the button. Important note: It’s important to include language like ‘Download’ on the button text as well as a file extension (ex. .pdf) so that the user is made aware that they are about to download something to their local device.
- Pop-Up: Generate a pop-up window with content.
- Video Pop-Up: Generates a pop-up window with video content.
- Phone Number: When selected with a device able to make calls, it should pre-populate the number for dialling.
- Social Media: List social media accounts.
- Select the option and a button/link will be generated within the element with the behaviour you’ve selected.
- When ready to publish, select ‘Update’.
WHERE CAN IT BE USED?
Within many elements across MacSites.