WHAT IS IT?
The Alert Banner is a full site element that is generated at the top of all pages on a site when enabled. It has the option of also generating a link to an internal or external page.
HOW TO USE IT?
- In the back-end dashboard, select Settings -> MacSites General Settings.
- On the ‘General Settings’ page, it is the very first item called ‘Alert’.
- There are 4 options:
- Enable/disable the alert. This will turn it on or off across the entire site.
- URL: An optional link that can be added to the text. (Optional)
- Message: The text/message to appear in the alert window.
- Colour: The background colour of the alert box.
- To save changes, select ‘Update’ in the right/secondary column.
WHERE CAN IT BE USED?
At the very top of every page across an entire site (when enabled).
RECOMMENDED USE CASES
- Deadline Information
- Urgent Announcements
An example can be found at the top of the page on this site.